The Akyaka.com Forum Forum Index The Akyaka.com Forum
akyaka gokova villa forum cottage hotel apartments car hire transfers dalaman marmaris

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inport shop for Akyaka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Akyaka.com Forum Forum Index -> New for 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Inport shop for Akyaka Reply with quote

Just opened this week, no name yet. Import shop at the bottom of Karanfil Sokak. Selling bacon, sausage cheese etc. We have just ordered our christmas turkey from there. Will get to know more info later.
itchy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know & thanks for telling us so please let us know how good it is and what shop is it next to on the road.
lynton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the turkey Jan? and the prices??? xx
Jan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the shop is at the bottom of Karanfil next to the new posh dress shop. Did'nt get chance to taste it myself Lynne as we were all going to Julies for christmas lunch and i had to rush back to UK at the last minute, but i heard it was very tasty. Will try and get some prices for you next time we pass.
Jane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

called in here at the weekend while in Akyaka and the pork sausages and bacon are frozen and come from Italy. Bacon is 30TL a kilo and sausage 25TL a kilo[if i've got the prices wrong i'm sure akyaka's friend will correct me!!!!!] and he hopes to have ham and pork chops later on.
Jan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jane, i have yet to call in myself as have been full of cold since returning from the UK. (plus we did stock up while back in England)
gordonr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find this rather sad - don't we go to Turkey to experience Turkey? There are already far too many places offering an 'English Breakfast'.....
Jan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordonr wrote:
I find this rather sad - don't we go to Turkey to experience Turkey? There are already far too many places offering an 'English Breakfast'.....

we experience Turkey everyday Gordon and love it, its just nice to experience a bit of England once in a while
gordonr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very difficult balance - I fully appreciate your viewpoint as a resident, but if the import shop becomes a success, then suddenly everywhere is importing British food (albeit from Italy), and before you know it, Akyaka is a mini-Marmaris attracting visitors accordingly.

Which is presumably not why you moved there in the first place!
gordonr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very difficult balance - I fully appreciate your viewpoint as a resident, but if the import shop becomes a success, then suddenly everywhere is importing British food (albeit from Italy), and before you know it, Akyaka is a mini-Marmaris attracting visitors accordingly.

Erik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness when I have ever visited the import shop in Marmaris any other customers are not the typical Marmaris visitor.

I'd be surprised if Aykaka would have enough business to sustain an import shop. Time will tell. My kilo of back bacon every 6 months will certainly not pay their rent!!
Jan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordonr wrote:

Sorry but i have to disagree, i dont think Akyaka will ever become a "mini-marmaris", like i pointed out in the last post its just nice to have a little bit of England now and again, we certainly dont eat out and we eat Turkish food at home all the time, and you would be suprised at the Turkish people i know that have used the shop lol.
lynton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say I'd probably only use it in an ' emergency' as we usually bring plently with us for the time we are there. Can see it will be useful for the ex pats but they won't make a fortune from it I shouldn't think as you can get your bacon ' fix' with an english breakfast when you feel the need. xx Confused
Pam + Rod

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with all Jan's comments on this subject.
As a "long stay tourist" as opposed to a "resident expat" I think that the availability of speciality foods, condiments, sauces & spices that aren't always availlable in Kippa, Tansas or Dia to enable us to cook and eat what we enjoy, whether it be Indian, Chinese or Italian is no bad thing.
During our long stays in Akyaka we tend to eat out two or three times a week and enjoy the local cuisine, however it is nice to adapt local recipes to our own taste
Now if you were talking about Mcdonalds, KFC I would certainly object!!!!
sheilmolson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Inport shop for Akyaka Reply with quote

Nice to hear that you have opened a shop and are selling cheese, bacon etc. But may I know whether in your shop healthy foods are available or not? As people many times suffer from health problems and they have to face serious problems like skin problems, hair loss. Good diet is very important to maintain the beauty of the body. Especially women are cautious about the beauty treatments.
Hair Salon Equipment Sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Akyaka.com Forum Forum Index -> New for 2012 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum